Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
We do not sell, rent or trade customer data with any other company or business for marketing purposes.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number and other contact details;
- Age or date of birth;
- Credit card information;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- Register on our website;
- Communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- Interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our website;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; or
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Third Party services
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Spam Act) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the unsubscribe hyperlink at the bottom of each email.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- Our employees and related bodies corporate;
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- Payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- Our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services and/or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers located in United Kingdom and/or other countries. These third-party suppliers may include but are not limited to distribution and delivery services, payment gateways and other service providers.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. Cookies cannot harm your computer or device. No personal information is stored within these cookies. You can disable cookies through your Internet browser but our website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer. The purpose of this information is to better tailor your personal experience on our website. For example, remembering what is in the shopping basket and your preferred currency. Examples of some
cookies on our website are – woocommerce cart hash, woocommerce items in cart and wp woocommerce session. The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole
We may also use ‘analytic cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences.
300 Species takes the protection of your data very seriously. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised
access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, managerial and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we use high-level fraud protection and use the latest encryption technology. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information as it is transmitted over the Internet and is done so entirely at your own risk. . We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us email@example.com [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer] Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Privacy Compliance Officer
Effective: November 2018